The Provincial HSJCC Conference Planning Committee invites you to submit an abstract for presentation at the 2021 Virtual Conference “Community Justice: Transforming Practices in a New World” taking place on November 16 and 17, 2021.
The Human Services and Justice Coordinating Committee (HSJCC) Network is a dynamic, voluntary collaboration between professionals from across the human services and justice sectors in Ontario. At the Local, Regional and Provincial levels, HSJCCs coordinate resources and plan more effectively for people with unique needs who are in conflict with the law.
The Provincial HSJCC Conference is the network’s premiere educational event – bringing together more than 400 professionals from across the human services and justice sectors to share promising practices, build cross-sector networks and engage in solutions for the people they serve. Attendees benefit from a richly engrossing program that leaves them better equipped and inspired to meet the needs of Ontarians.
The Conference Planning Committee is seeking abstracts from individuals or agencies across Ontario who can contribute solution-focused knowledge, expertise, innovation and best practices that can enhance, complement or expand services and systems currently in place.
The conference program will reflect a broad range of themes while showcasing work being done within the human service and justice sectors.
Community Justice: Transforming Practices in a New World
As we emerge from a global crisis into a changed landscape, many communities have found themselves facing new and complex challenges. Service providers in the human services and justice sectors have had to work together to adapt their approaches and develop new practices that will meet the needs of vulnerable clients. Community Justice: Transforming Practices in a New World seeks to explore the innovative approaches, unique collaborations and emerging structures that will build resilient communities for years to come.
- Complex Needs: Addictions, Mental Health, ABI, FASD, Developmental Disabilities, Dual Diagnosis, Current Disorders
- Specialized Populations: Physical Disability Populations, Seniors (Dementia), Youth, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous People, Racialized Communities
- Models and Frameworks for Better Collaboration: HSJCC Committees, Crisis Tables, Situation Tables, Mobile Crisis Response Teams, Communities of Practice
- Innovation and Creative Community Response: New projects, outside the box, unusual community partner/collaborations, relevant HSJCC work, collaborative initiatives, social navigator projects, restorative justice, COVID-19 response, Peer Support Initiatives
- Resilience for Service Providers and Front-line Workers: Self-care, Loss, Death & Dying, Medical Assistance with Dying (MAiD), Compassion Fatigue/Vicarious Trauma, the Ones that Got Away, Professional Grieving and Restorative Justice
Abstract Submission Deadline: May 10th, 2021
Results Notification: June 1st, 2021
Learn more about abstract submissions:
NOTE: Bursaries will be available for presenters with lived experience.
For further information please contact Sherry Sim, Event Manager at email@example.com or by phone at 1-866-655-8548.