Presented by SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health Learning Institute
Live webinar: July 9 and 23, 2021 | 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST
This training is suitable for:
Mental Health Professionals: psychotherapists, counsellors, psychologists, social workers.
Medical Professionals: nurses, psychiatrists, pediatricians, family doctors.
Direct Service Workers: Drop in workers, shelter and hostel workers, child and youth workers, youth justice workers.
Level of training: Intermediate
Description: How can I empower my clients to become more resilient and optimistic when faced with stressful life events? What can I do to help my clients find more purpose and meaning in life?
Positive Psychology offers many research-based tools and strategies for helping our clients improve the quality of and significant relationships in their lives. Positive Psychology research indicates that life satisfaction is strongly associated with the following:
- having and regularly sharing gratitude with others
- optimism and possessing a positive outlook for the future
- curiosity and a zest for life
- being able to establish and maintain strong social connections with others
Assisting clients in generating a more positive emotion in their lives will help neutralize negative thoughts and feelings. Therefore, increase their optimism, hope, and happiness levels.
In this practice-oriented, "hands-on" training, participants will learn how to apply the major therapeutic tools and strategies of Positive Psychology to their work with children and youth, adults, couples, and families. Furthermore, we will discuss how to use these methods in schools and in other practice settings.
The training format will consist of information-rich didactic presentation and skill-building exercises.
- Use the VIA Inventory of Strengths for Adults and Youth to identify key client signature strengths and to cultivate their latent strengths
- Embrace the future: Identify and use specific therapeutic tools and strategies to increase client optimism, hope, and happiness levels
- Embracing the now: Enhancing clients’ capacities to savour the miraculous moment and find inner peace and harmony
- Honour and make peace with the past: Using positive emotions and one’s signature strengths to neutralize the effects of past trauma, giving gratitude, and forgiveness
- Increase client meaning and purpose in life: Finding the sparks for curiosity and flow state activities, learning from and using serendipity and epiphanies, and using one’s signature strengths to making a difference in the world
- Use Positive Psychology interventions with couples and families
- Application of Positive Psychology to schools and different practice settings
Registration fees: $250
For full registration details please visit https://cvent.me/wQqbO9