Presented by SickKids CCMH Learning Institute with micro-credential recognition through Humber College. Register by August 19 using discount code Summer20 and save 20%.
Program orientation for micro-credential 1: Sept. 20
Micro-credential 1: Sept. 22, 27, 29, Oct. 3, 6, 13, 20 and 25.
Program orientation for micro-credential 2: Nov. 21
Micro-credential 2: Nov. 24, 29, Dec. 1 and 8.
Facilitators: Nicole Burford, Janelle Campbell, Neill Carson, Joel Clark, Dr. Lucas Dufour, Celia Espinoza, Erika Espinoza, Christine Felgueiras, Marion Langford, Nives Malara and Carolynne Wintrip.
Guest speakers: Dwight Ballantyne and Natalie Kalb.
The Excellence in Mental Health Leadership program helps participants develop the skills and knowledge required to thrive as leaders in community mental health services. Delivered by leading academics and subject matter experts, this program is comprised of two separate offerings and includes optional micro-credential recognition through Humber College.
Developed in consultation with community mental health leaders from across Ontario, the program is designed to help community-based organizations to:
- provide inclusive, equitable and anti-racist services;
- navigate sector and funding changes; and,
- incorporate in-demand and future-proof skills required for succession planning within Ontario’s mental health sector.
- transitioning into a manager role?
- in a leadership role but have received minimal formal training?
- wanting to update and improve your skills?
Then this program is for you!
Key program themes:
Micro-credential 1: Excellence in Mental Health Organization and People Management (five-day program)
- Becoming an exceptional leader (Sept. 22, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Achieving strategic impact through operational leadership (Sept. 27, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Facilitating successful change (Sept 29, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Building financial acumen (Oct 3, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Managing human resource accountabilities (Oct. 6, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Cultivating employee performance (Oct. 13, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Fostering inclusive, equitable and anti-racist organizations (Oct. 20, 9 a.m to 4 p.m)
- Developing effective teams (Oct. 25, 9 a.m. to noon)
Registration fee: $1,250 ($1000 using code SUMMER20 by Aug. 19)
Optional assessment fee for Humber Micro-credential: $300
Micro-credential 2: Excellence in Mental Health Data, Communication and Influence (three-day program)
- Mastering data-informed decision making (Nov. 24, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Transforming experiences through journey mapping (Nov. 29, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Creating strategic partnerships (Dec. 1, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Leading and communicating with impact (Dec. 8, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Registration fee: $750 ($600 using code SUMMER20 by Aug. 19)
Optional assessment fee for Humber Micro-credential: $200
Participants can register for either program or both; the first is not a prerequisite for the second.
For more information, go to: https://sickkidscmh.ca/learning-institute/our-courses/excellence-in-mental-health-leadership
Join the SickKids CCMH LI newsletter mailing list to stay informed about upcoming programming and promotions.