The Division of Mental Health and Addiction invites you to the event "Preparing for the holidays: What's new, what's true, how to create non-alcoholic brew: Canada's Guidance on Alcohol and Health."
The objective of the session is to help prepare family physicians to have meaningful conversations with patients about the new guidelines on alcohol and health.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the context and challenges of the 2023 CCSA updated Guidance on Alcohol and Health
- Describe the continuum of risk associated with the different levels of alcohol consumption
- Dispel the common myths about the new guidelines
- Develop a Framework for counselling patients on alcohol use and alcohol-related risks
- Dr. Jennifer Wyman MD Family physician and addictions specialist, Women’s College Hospital
- Dr. Alexander Caudaralla MD, CEO Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Dr. Nikki Bozinoff MD, Head of the Division of Mental Health and Addictions, DFCM
An application has been made for Mainpro + certification for this program
This program has been supported in kind by the Division of Mental Health and Addictions and the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse