Check out this event sponsored by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and the University of Toronto Department of Psychiatry being held on December 1, 2023.
PSYCHOTHERAPY DAY: 9:00 am - 10:30 am (faculty); 10:45 am - 12:00 pm (residents)
ACT: Expanding Life Flexibility as a Model of Evidence-Based Psychotherapeutic Care
· State what the existing mediational data suggest about the key dimensions or domains of processes of change
· Describe why a focus on processes of change requires a more personalized approach to diagnosis and case conceptualization
· Describe how ongoing client measurement fits within a personalized approach
Location: Hybrid, In-Person at the Arrell Family Auditorium (1025 Queen Street West, Toronto)
Accreditation: This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CAMH Simulation Centre, you may claim a maximum of 3 credit hours after attending
AFTERNOON WORKSHOP: 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Bringing the Process-Based Future of Intervention Science into Today's Practice: A Skills-Based Afternoon
· Describe the eight key dimensions or domains of processes of change
· Identify likely processes of change from client statements or behaviour
· Transition to given processes of change at will so as to target needed change
· Deploy techniques in their clinical repertoire that are likely to modify the targeted process of change
Location: In-Person at the Arrell Family Auditorium (1025 Queen Street West, Toronto)
Cost: $200 ($150 for students/residents)
Accreditation: This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by CAMH Simulation Centre, you may claim a maximum of 4 credit hours after attending.
Steven C. Hayes is a Nevada Foundation Professor of Psychology Emeritus at the University of Nevada and President of the Institute for Better Health, a 45-year-old charitable organization that promotes quality in mental and behavioral health services. An author of 48 books and over 700 scientific articles, he is especially known for his work on "Acceptance and Commitment Therapy" or “ACT” which is one of the most widely used and researched new methods of psychological intervention over the last 20 years. Dr. Hayes has received several national awards, such as the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapy. His popular book Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life for a time was the best-selling self-help book in the United States, and his new book A Liberated Mind has been recently released to wide acclaim. His TEDx talks and blogs have been viewed or read by over three million people, and he is ranked among the most cited psychologists in the world.
We encourage you to share this invitation with colleagues who would benefit from this unique learning opportunity.