Date: September 21, 2021
Time: 9:00am - 1:30pm EST
Cost: $165 CAD Tax Inc.
This workshop presents an overview of trauma informed support. The framework will be linked to a foundational discussion of what trauma is and how people may respond to traumatic events. The trauma informed framework will be operationalized with practical skills and interventions to support clients who may have experienced trauma.
- Understand trauma informed support
- Understand trauma
- Understand the physiological responses to trauma
- Identify symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and its long-term effects
- Identify direct service skills key to trauma informed support
- Understand the importance of self-care
Trauma Informed Practice is offered in 4 hour workshop module. It is designed for people who are interested in learning how to support clients from a trauma informed perspective. There are equal amounts of theory and skills covered in this workshop
Participants can include front-line community workers, customer service representatives, team leaders, managers, educators, consultants, police officers, and people who are required to negotiate through conflictual situations will all benefit from this workshop.
This workshop is designed for those with a beginner to novice level of understanding about trauma.