Presented by SickKids CCMH Learning Institute
Live webinar August 16 and 18, 2021 | Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST
Facilitator: Ian Robertson, MSW, RSW
Client age category: For professionals who work with youth and adult clients (aged 12 years and up).
This training is suitable for:
Mental Health Professionals: psychotherapists, counsellors, psychologists, social workers.
Medical Professionals: nurses, psychiatrists, pediatricians, family doctors.
Direct Service Workers: Drop in workers, shelter and hostel workers, child and youth workers, youth justice workers.
Description: This webinar will provide you with the principles of the Polyvagal Theory, the features of the social engagement system and how to apply this within your practice. You will learn effective and proven strategies and interventions that build client safety and connectedness, and how to mediate the disarming symptoms of trauma, PTSD, depression, autism, ADD, addictions and other mental health disorders.
- The role of polyvagal theory in the treatment of trauma
- Understanding the neurobiology of safety, danger, and life threat as adaptive responses
- Neuroception: Detecting and evaluating risk
- Understanding self-regulation and social engagement
- The role of connection as a biological imperative
- Applying and integrating Polyvagal Theory in clinical setting
- Mapping out the nervous system
- Establishing compassionate connection
- Creating internal and external safety
- Developing ventral regulation through the breath and within the body
Registration fees: $500. Student and group rates are available
For full registration details please visit https://cvent.me/mAy99B