Greetings from YCAP!
Please click here to register for our upcoming webinar on Wednesday, June 16th from 1:00-2:00PM EDT.
The YMCA Youth Cannabis Awareness Program (YCAP) is pleased to invite you to “Youth & Cannabis Use: Landscape in Canada” webinar.
This free webinar extracts findings from recent Canadian national surveys and addresses FAQs such as:
- Do youth use cannabis in Canada?
- How youth’s cannabis use differ from adults’ demographics?
- How does cannabis use compare with use of other substances (i.e alcohol, tobacco) amongst youth in Canada?
- How has legalization of cannabis impacted youth in Canada?
- Does initiating use at a younger age increase the likelihood of developing problem cannabis use?
- What are potential harms of cannabis use during adolescence?
- And more
Providing balanced and evidence based information about the new cannabis landscape for youth, this webinar provides parents, adults and professionals involved in young people’s lives with resources supporting an open dialogue with youth, helping youth with their informed decision making process about cannabis use.
The Youth Cannabis Awareness Program (YCAP) is a free national education prevention initiative funded by Health Canada and delivered by YMCA of Greater Toronto across Canada. YCAP offers educational prevention programs to youth aged 12-24, as well as adults (parents/guardians and professionals) involved in youth’s lives. Informed by protective and risk factors contributing to youth’s mental health, YCAP provides a multi-faceted approach to harm reduction in order to increase knowledge and skills supporting positive youth development.
YCAP takes a harm reduction approach toward recreational cannabis use. YCAP does not make value judgments regarding recreational cannabis use, rather seeks to minimize risks associated with cannabis use by providing youth with the most accurate and unbiased information.
For any questions and comments, please contact YCAP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to having you,