My son Pete died on Dec 23 2021 to an accidental Opioid Overdose. It will be TWENTY YEARS this year that he died. I shake my head in absolute despair about this escalating crisis/epidemic.
From Jan 2020 to the end of November 2020…2167 people have died
59% increase over the same period in 2019
- From Jan 2021 to March 2021 there were 842 suspected drug related deaths
- March 2021 was the ninth month in a row with more than 300 suspected drug related deaths
- The first week of March 2021 was the highest number of suspected drug related deaths that we have ever recorded
Let's put this into COVID terms.
- We need to flatten the curve of overdose deaths
- We need to flatten the curve of opioid harms
- The variants of concern are Fentanyl and a poisoned drug supply
EVERYBODY deserves a chance to survive! No matter what that takes!!!!