A virtual livestream and in-person event at Ottawa City Hall, organized by Community Addictions Peer Support Association (CAPSA). https://capsa.ca/
- Celebrate the many pathways to increased wellness in our community
- Foster hope for those who still suffer
- Reduce barriers of stigma and discrimination directed towards those affected by substance use disorder
- Engage the broader community in support of stigma reduction and increased wellness
- Build a platform for dialogue on increased resources for new and existing services in our community
People describe what Recovery Day Ottawa means to them:
ABOUT RECOVERY DAY OTTAWA
Recovery Day Ottawa is an annual community event organized by CAPSA Canada in the month of September. Our purpose is to help reduce the stigma surrounding substance use disorder and raise awareness about increased wellness in our community.
We endeavour to engage the broader community by building partnerships with local, provincial and national organizations and raising awareness through the #StigmaEndsWithMe campaign.