Course dates: May 26, 2021 – June 23, 2021
Course cost: $200
Register here: https://teach.camhx.ca/moodle/course/view.php?id=62
This NEW 6 hour self-directed module will allow learners to increase their knowledge about tobacco prevalence and the factors that influence the initiation or prevention of tobacco use among youth and young adults. Learners will be able to recognize opportunities for screening and engaging youth and young adults who use tobacco in tailored cessation interventions. Current topics affecting youth and young adults such as cannabis and e-cigarette use will also be explored.
- Identify the factors associated with the onset of tobacco use and tobacco use disorder in youth and young adults.
- Screen and assess tobacco use among youth and young adults.
- Describe strategies for engaging youth and young adults who use tobacco in tobacco cessation and/or reduction.
- Offer evidence-based psychosocial approaches to tobacco cessation with youth and young adults.
- Tailor evidence-based pharmacological approaches to tobacco cessation with youth and young adults.
- Discuss strategies to support youth and young adults who use tobacco with other concurrent issues (i.e., Cannabis use, E-cigarettes use/Vaping,
- Unique considerations for youth and young adults who are transitional-aged, street-involved, pregnant or postpartum, or living with chronic health conditions).