There is more to mental health than diagnosable mental illnesses. We’re pleased to release, on behalf of Thrive Toronto, the city’s first multi-sector mental health plan focused on improving mental wellness and psychological health.
The #ThriveTO Mental Health Plan outlines 5 key actions it will undertake to improve mental wellness:
- First, Thrive Toronto will create a community mental health report card to highlight needs and what can be done to address them.
- Second, Thrive Toronto will support the development of a climate change and mental health strategy to decrease the impact of climate change on mental health.
- Third, Thrive Toronto will support implementation of actions from the Supportive Housing Growth Plan.
- Fourth, Thrive Toronto will work with employers and extended health benefit providers to support expanded workplace mental health benefits.
- Fifth, Thrive Toronto will develop a learning centre with tools and training to support mental wellness.
- To read the full Thrive Toronto Mental Health Plan, visit www.thriveto.ca